Do you want to join the LCTC team and help us make our theatrical magic? Bravo! We are looking for dedicated, talented people to fill the following volunteer positions.
If you are interested, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensures that the company stays within budget
- Works with Artistic Director and Executive Director to create company budget and production budgets.
- Manages all financial accounts.
- Provides updates to the Executive Director and Artistic Director as to where the company stands financially.
- Participates in all fundraising events and tracks progress.
- Works with Board to develop and implement long and short-term strategies for company financial development and fundraising
- Responsible for all AP and AR functions in cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Ensures that all paperwork related to finances is completed at least one week before due date
- Files form 990 at the end of the calendar year.
- Duties include check signing authority, expense reimbursement, credit card usage, and tracking petty cash.
- Must have Quickbooks knowledge
We are seeking a new Marketing Director!
This position researches the attitudes and opinions of the public as relates to the company and its offerings to create a marketing plan to further expand the company audience base.
• Works with Executive and Artistic Director to clearly define projected audience and come up with clear, defined goals and strategy to increase audience attendance.
• Manages post card distribution through Theater Bay Area.
• Works with Graphic Designer and Artistic Director on the design of each poster and postcard.
• Orders posters, postcards and programs for each show from printers.
• Works with Production Manager, Outreach Director and Social Media Volunteer on production photos and ensures Social Media Volunteer and PR Director have correct photos for social media postings and press releases, websites and emails blasts.
• Works with Social Media Volunteer to create promo videos for shows when applicable and ensures that Social Media Volunteer has them for social media postings.
• Works with graphic designer for artwork.
• Works with Outreach Director to manage promotional sales for shows.
• Works with Artistic Director and Secretary in obtaining information from artists, including anything that will be used in any marketing materiel, programs, etc. E.g. Show descriptions, bios, and headshots. Will then provide this info to the Marketing Director.
• Must have genuine interest or knowledge of the Bay Area theater community AND the LGBTQ+ community.
We welcome applications from candidates with limited experience and a strong desire to learn and contribute to LCTC’s mission.
- Works with Marketing Director and Outreach Director to ensure company updates and happenings are made public on social media.
- Works with Publicity and Outreach Directors to organize and/or promote productions and fundraisers on social media.
- Works with Marketing Director and Production Manager on production photos for social media posts.
- Works with Marketing Director to create promo videos for shows when applicable for social media postings.
- Posts audition notices, playwright notices, and other calls for submissions to social media
- Must have genuine interest or knowledge of the Bay Area theater community AND the LGBTQ+ community.
- Is the conduit between the company and general public. Works with other departments to get notices out to varying audiences with regards to ongoing and upcoming events in the company
- Find local charities and industry partners to invite to invited dress rehearsal and preview nights.
Manages audience emailing list.
- Manages company communications to audience base via email blasts.
- Works with Marketing Director to facilitate relationships with patrons, community members, businesses, writers, actors, and directors to promote and build awareness of LCTC, its message, and future events/productions
- Writes, edits, produces newsletters and other printed material.
- Works with Marketing Director to creates the Audience Survey Form for the House and/or Stage Manager to place in programs and distributes during performances
- Works with Writing Workshop Director to develop and implement a plan to increase attendance at workshops
- Sends out /publicizes audition notices via email blasts and website postings.
- Works with Production Manager to manage auditions, including: ensuring that notices have been sent/posted and inviting actors to callbacks.
- Establishes and maintains audition signup and then provides a list to Artistic Director and Production Manager on the day of auditions.
Sends out email blasts for each show including when tickets are on sale, discount codes, etc.
- Works with Artistic Director to communicate with LCTC Company members (directors, actors, writers) about auditions, submissions, and volunteer opportunities etc.
- Coordinates the compilation of postcards for Theater Bay Area for their postcard distribution with Marketing Director.
- Works with Marketing Director to manage promotional sales for shows.