We are so thrilled to announce our next submission window! We are currently accepting submissions for a staged reading of our next anthology, Unheard Voices.
This will be an anthology of 6 or 7 pieces written by and for members of queer communities who have been underserved by the broader/mainstream LGBTQ+ movement. Are you trans, non-binary, QTBIPOC, bi, pan, ace, aro, demi, neurodivergent, have a disability, or are part of any community that has been underserved by the LGBTQ+ community? We want to hear your stories!
Please submit your script by 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
Include complete contact information on the front page. This will allow us to notify you whether your play has been selected.”Chosen scripts will be part of a staged reading in August and will be considered for a full production in 2023.
• Play must not have been previously produced in the Bay Area
• Plot must concern little-known, unknown or forgotten people or events in LGBTQ+ history
• No more than four (4) characters
• Simple and minimal set pieces and props
• No more than 15 pages, or the equivalent of 10-15 minutes in length. Please do not submit longer scripts – they will not be read.
Submission Format Requirements:
• Scripts must be submitted in the following format
• 1” margins on all sides
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt
• Stage directions in parentheses and indented 2.5” from the left and 1” from the right
• Character names indented 3” from the left
• Dialogue is not indented either on the left or the right
• Include complete contact information on the front page as noted. This will allow us to notify you whether your play has been selected
• Include a one-paragraph synopsis of the plot of the play as shown in the template
Unheard Voices is a development project. The script you submit should be the one you want performed at the reading, but the playwrights selected will have the opportunity to do some rewriting before the final production.
There is no limit on the number of scripts any one playwright may submit; however, each script must be submitted separately.
DEADLINE: Submit submissions by May 22, 2022.