Left Coast Theatre Company is thrilled to announce auditions for our next show, Between the Sheets.
Between the Sheets is an anthology of 6 original short works about the trials and tribulations of queer sex. How hard do you have to work to bag that daddy? Is it always going to be this awkward to talk about sex with your grandma, even when she’s a liberal lesbian?
We do our best to offer each actor at least two roles in the anthology. We strive for diverse casting and encourage people of all ethnicities and gender/sexual identities to audition.
Please read the below info and then follow the link at the bottom to submit your audition.
Video Audition Deadline
Saturday, 5/28/2022 @ 11:59pm
Sunday, 6/5/2022 @ 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (In-Person)
Wed, 6/22/2022 – 6:30pm (Virtual)
6/23/2022 to 7/31/2022
8/1/2022 to 8/4/2022
Fri, 8/5/2022; Sat, 8/6; Fri, 8/12; Sat, 8/13; Thurs, 8/18; Fri, 8/19; Sat, 8/20
(all shows at 8pm at The Exit Theatre in SF)
We are casting for the following roles:
- Victor – 50s, male, any ethnicity
- Ian – 20s, male, any ethnicity
- Kelly – 20s, genderqueer AFAB, any ethnicity
- Jen – 60s, female, any ethnicity
I Do, Do You?
- Wyatt – 20s, male, any ethnicity
- Jason – 20s, male, any ethnicity
- Chris – 30s, male, any ethnicity
- Alex – 30s, male, any ethnicity
Not Without My Lichtenstein
- Philip – 60s, male, white
- Sam – 50s-60s, male, any ethnicity
- Kelly – 30s-40s, female of color
- Didier – 20s, male, any ethnicity
The Internet is a Place
- Sara – 20s, genderqueer, any ethnicity
- Jess – 20s, genderqueer, any ethnicity
Please record and submit a one- to two-minute video of you performing a monologue of your choice.
Callbacks will be in-person on Sunday, June 5, 2022 from 11:00am to 4:00pm at The Exit Theatre (156 Eddy St, SF). If you are invited to callbacks, you will be sent sides for the callbacks, as well as copies of the scripts to read. We will inform people whether or not they are invited to callbacks by Fri, 6/3/2022.
Once a cast is selected, the directors will work with their casts to schedule rehearsal dates. Expect between 4 and 6 rehearsals per piece. Rehearsals will be a hybrid of virtual and in-person.
Actors will receive a modest stipend of $90.
There will be protocols in place for in-person rehearsals to help stop the spread of COIVD-19. Also, all actors will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first in-person rehearsal.
Use This Form to Submit Audition Materials