- Supervise the management of the business of the Company.
- Elect officers and fill vacancies pursuant to the provision of the bylaws.
- Make all rules and regulations which they deem necessary and proper for governing the Company as well as for the due and orderly conduct of the affairs of the Company.
- Appoint such employees and/or agents as may be necessary to conduct business of the Company.
- Approve an annual budget and all fundraising projects for the Company.
- Make special appropriations as deemed necessary for the efficient maintenance of the Company. Any such appropriations shall be reported at the next meeting of the Board.
- Set both short and long range objectives to accomplish their stated purpose(s).
- The board shall formulate and administer all policy, vote on expenditures not otherwise authorized and advise the President in all decisions and appointments.
- Every member of the board shall have the absolute right at any reasonable time to inspect the Company’s books, records, documents of every kind, physical properties, and the records of each of its subsidiaries. The inspection may be made in person or by the director’s agent or attorney. The right of inspection includes the right to copy and make extracts of documents.
- Approve any stipend positions and levels. A Board member may not vote related to a stipend issue for which they are being considered or currently occupy.
- Approve price of tickets.
- Approve initial/changes to the Organization’s branding.
- Approve final list of plays to be published.
- Approve theatrical productions for each year.
- File and pay all taxes.
- Ensure yearly paperwork is filed with various governmental agencies.
- Approve contract formation created by the Steering Committee.
- Approve royalty commission for publications and productions.
BOARD MEMBER OFFICER POSITIONS
The President shall be the principal executive officer of the Company and, subject to the control of the Board. They shall also supervise and control the business and affairs of the Company. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and the Steering Committee ;
- i. May appoint special committees as required, with the approval of the Board.
- ii. Shall, in general, perform all other duties incident to the office of the President and such duties as may be prescribed by the Board.
The Vice President: may serve as Acting President.
- i. Develop and enforces policies and objectives for the organization to ensure it maintains its values and meets established goals
- ii. Manage employees and the day-to-day activities of the organization
- iii. Assist the president with outreach efforts
The Secretary: may serve as Acting President and shall:
- i. Handle all necessary correspondence of the Board.
- ii. Keep the minutes of the meetings of the Board.
- iii. See that all notices are duly given to Board Directors of their respective meetings in accordance with the provisions of these By-Laws or as required by law.
- iv. Be custodian of the corporate records, with the exception of the financial records, and of the corporate seal, and shall see the corporate seal affixed to all documents the execution of which on behalf of the Company under its seal is duly authorized.
- v. Perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary, including performing the role of parliamentarian at all meetings and other such duties as may be assigned to the Secretary by the Board.
- vi. Keep all administrative records of the Board. These records will be maintained in an easily accessible location, to include Bylaws, Board meeting minutes, rules and procedures, and company position descriptions.
The Treasurer: may serve as Acting President Elect and shall:
- i. Have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds and securities of the Board.
- ii. Prepare and present a yearly financial report to the Board with the Steering Committee Treasurer which includes a true statement of the Company’s assets and liabilities as of the close of each fiscal year, which is the calendar year, all in responsible detail. This statement shall be made and filed at the Company’s principal place of business.
- iii. Perform all duties incidental to the office of Treasurer any other such duties as may be assigned to the Treasurer by the Board.