Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Plays of any genre (comedy, drama, etc.) that relate to the theme listed below.
We encourage innovative/humorous/surprising scripts that address the following:
They say some friends come and go like waves in the ocean, but best friends stick around like an octopus on your face. Let’s face it. Sometimes friendship can be…sticky. (What is a brojob anyway?) LCTC’s newest collection of hilarious and heartfelt original shorts will have you reaching for the tissues and crying with laughter as we share six original tales of the unpredictability and wackiness of queer friendships in the modern age. So bring your friends – and maybe some Kleenex – and we’ll help you work through your issues. Who knows? You might even make a new bestie.
- Playwrights may submit no more than two 10- to 15-Minute Plays.
- Plays may be no longer than 10-15 pages, exclusive of your title and character pages.
- Plays must include an LGBTQ theme, character, event, etc.
- Plays must contain no more than 5 characters.
- Set, props and costume requirements should be minimal.
- Script should include title page with play title, playwright’s name and contact info as well as a character page that includes a brief summary of the play and how it relates to the theme.
- Plays must be submitted in PDF format.
- To submit your Play to LCTC, please email email@example.com with SUBMISSIONS: your name and the title of your play in the subject line (i.e. SUBMISSIONS: Jane Doe – “Besties are the Bestest”). Please send each play in a separate email.
Scripts are due to LCTC: December 1, 2017 at 5:00pm PST. No late entries. No exceptions.
Playwrights whose scripts have been selected by LCTC for “Besties” will be notified in by January 31, 2018.
We will be holding a staged reading of 5-6 shorts to let the audience pick their favorite play, which will also be included in the final lineup of “Besties”.
A $50 stipend is available for playwrights whose scripts make it into the final lineup of “Besties”.
“Besties” will run at the Exit Theater in San Francisco from October 26, 2018 – November 20, 2018..